Friday, March 6, 2009

Stick to the rotation!!

Well, for now I've conquered the startitis that I've been having. I've decided to do a very loose rotation of Ruthie Sundays, and then rotate every week between Not For Us Alone and Lois Minshall. I think. I may throw in a Collaboration Etui Wednesday in there with another online friend. :D




In the meantime, I did manage to finish Chapter Two of Not for Us Alone on Monday.




Don't look too closely at the seed stitch around the shield motif. I messed up a bit. For those of you who think I'm a perfectionist, think again. At least when it comes to ripping out seed stitch. lol!

After I finished that up, I needed some plain cross stitch, so I was good and picked up Lois Minshall again. Here's where I am with her as of today.




(It's another cloudy day today, so the pictures may be a bit dark.) I don't know if I said before, but I'm using 40ct Vintage Light Examplar and an NPI conversion from Jean at the Attic. (No affiliation, etc) With Not for Us Alone, I'm using the kit -- 36ct Zweigart and Amy Mitten's Fibers to Dye For fibers.

I'm glad today's Friday, but totally bummed that we have to turn the clocks ahead this weekend. I think they did the right thing in changing when to turn the clocks back in the fall, but they moved the moving-the-clocks-forward thing to a time of year that's a bit too early IMO. I'm liking how it is right now, sending the boy child out to the bus stop when it's light out as opposed to pitch dark or just starting to get light. Next week it'll be back to sending him out when it's just getting light again. And waking up in the dark. Bleagh!! The only good thing will be not having to drive in the dark to and from evening activities. Anyone who knows me knows I hate driving in the dark!

Well, TGIF anyway! Have a good weekend, everyone! And thanks for following my blog and posting comments!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait for the clocks to go forward! We have to wait another 2-3 weeks here and it can't come soon enough for me LOL! I love the lighter evenings :)

You are making great progress on your WIPs! You've done loads on Lois and NFUA is looking wonderful too!

Brigitte said...

Gorgeous progress pictures on both your WIPs. Lois Minshall has wonderful flowers!
Here it's only at the end of March that they chango daylight saving time. Fortunately because like you I love to drive to work when it's not dark any longer. Starting work in the darkness is not my thing, lol.

Deb said...

I'm with you on the clocks moving ahead - it just seems to early! You're making great progress on your WIPS! All are looking wonderful.
Deb

Glenna said...

Hi! Can you post pictures of what Lois and Not for Us Alone will look like when done? I love, love, love them both! I agree on the clocks thing. I think they need to stop tinkering with the time. I'm going to be busy this weekend and I need every minute I can get! LOL!

Siobhán said...

Wonderful progress, Margaret! And hey, that seed stitch looks perfect. I didn't realize you all were changing the clocks ahead already! I don't think we do till the end of the month. Have a great Friday!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

OOOOH., Margaret!!! I LOVE Not for Us Alone - it is looking amazing as are all your WIPs - the rice stitch looks perfect to me.

Michelle said...

I love your Not For Us Alone. I've been really wanting to stitch an Amy Mitten piece! I like your idea of the weekly rotation, that's what I had been doing with Mermaid SAL Sunday, but then these girls got me all bamboozled with starting A&E and Shores. Now I don't know what I'm doing!