Monday, September 6, 2010

Framing, progress, and of course, Mia

My friend Kathy (no blog) and I managed to go to our LNS to pick up framing and do a bit of shopping.  (Keep in mind that the framing was finished way back in June, but a certain boy child neglected to deliver the phone message that this was so.  Urgh!!)  I was so happy to see these pieces all finished!   Here is Sarah Woodham (by Shakespeare's Peddler).


And here is a closeup of the frame.  The inner part of the frame matches the color in the piece beautifully.


Next, here is Margaret Pence.


And the frame.


And finally, the La D Da A&E, Know Ye.


I'm very proud of myself for charting my initials in that style.  :D 

Here is my A&E wall.  (Unfortunately there's no room for Jane Atkinson when she comes home.)


Isn't it great?  :D  I have to get to some more A&E's now -- small ones.   lol!  Although there are some large ones on my list as well.  The one on the top left is Paradise Lost by Plum Street Samplers.  The top right is Margaret Pence.  Then there's Know Ye, and the top middle small one is Sarah Esh by Carriage House Samplings.  The bottom middle small one is Fruit of the Spirit by Plum Street Samplers (it's not really an A&E, but hey, it has a little boy and a little girl in it, right?).  And finally the one on the right with the big cats is the piece in my header pic, Charlotte Clayton by the Northwest Sampler Guild.

I've been stitching this week on the Family Sampler while watching the US Open -- Mia has been very good about my stitching!  The fill in has been perfect for watching and stitching.


I just have the bottom portion to do now!  Oh, and yes, I can see the carried threads too.  A bit disappointing.  It's not quite that bad in person.

Finally, I have to show some pictures of Mia, of course.  She's still growing like a weed, and is insatiably curious about everything.  Here she is with the girl child.


Mia loves to sleep as close to one as possible.  lol!

And here are the boy child and Mia snoozing together.  You can see how much Mia has grown.


Here's Mia next to the boy child.


And here is Mia enjoying the lovely, cooler weather we've had since Hurricane Earl moved by.


She loves her newly discovered perch in the window!  The poor thing has a hard time landing on the window sill when the window is closed.

In other news, the boy child started his junior year of high school on Thursday.  He had a 2 day week last week and will have another 2 day week this week -- no school today (Labor Day) or Thursday and Friday (Rosh Hashanah).  Pretty luxurious, except for the 60 page packet he has to do an outline on.  Geez! 

The girl child is enjoying her last days of freedom before heading back to college this coming Saturday.  Her classes don't start till the 16th.  She has reached another milestone: after years of not wanting to bother with a driver's license, she has finally gone for her license and passed with flying colors.  And she has taken advantage of this fact big time.  The poor father type has been deprived of his new car quite a bit recently.  :D  The girl child prefers the small, zippy, new car to the old, decrepit, large minivan (or the double bass carrier as it's now thought of).  Smart girl!

The US Open has been very entertaining so far.  (I was sad to see both Roddick and Murray get eliminated.)  This time of year always has the US Open and tennis woven right in.  It's a good predictor of the weather -- almost without fail, the first week of the US Open is hot and sticky while the second week is beautiful and cooler.  Interesting, huh?  Who would have thought the weather could follow such a predictable pattern year after year?

Thanks as always for stopping by and saying hi.  Hope you are all enjoying the approach of fall or spring depending on where you are.  Happy Labor Day to all my US friends.  Enjoy your week!

55 comments:

KarenV said...

All your framed pieces look fantastic Margaret! :) Shame you had to wait so long to get them though - I hope you found some evil chore for the boy child to do as punishment LOL!

Mia is such a cutie - love how she's sleeping on your DD :)

KarenV said...

All your framed pieces look fantastic Margaret! :) Shame you had to wait so long to get them though - I hope you found some evil chore for the boy child to do as punishment LOL!

Mia is such a cutie - love how she's sleeping on your DD :)

Katrina said...

Love your framed pieces, and your wall is just gorgeous.

What a sweet kitty!!!! She's obviously settling in very well. Chloe sits on window sills, I know she's a dog but she loves to perch, LOL.

Katrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marion said...

Oh my!!!!!! I absolutely love ALL your stitching!!
I don't think I knew that you did Paradise Lost!!! How did you find stitching that?? Everyone that has done it seems to enjoy it.....it's one I'm thinking of stitching...sometime......

Mia is adorable!!!!

Congrats to your daughter!!!!

Anyway, have a great Labour Day!!!
Marion

Melissa said...

Good morning, Margaret! Love all your framed pieces and the A&E wall is looking grand!

Mia looks like such a sweetie cuddly kittie! I see she can be worn as a neck warmer in the Fall! :-)

Deb said...

I just love all your framed pieces!! You picked out perfect frames for each one!! Love your A&E wall too. Perhaps you can do some rearranging and get Jane up there too?

Love the pictures of Mia too. She looks like such a sweetheart! I love things that like to cuddle. Perhaps I should have gotten a kitty. Bailey's new name is Sir Jaws! What a biter. I'm sure this will pass, but a kitten is looking better and better each day! LOL

Oh, love the progress on your Family Sampler. I can't even imagine such tiny work? Have you done any quilting lately???

the striped rose said...

Fantastic pictures of stitching and the kitty! Congratulations!

Deborah said...

Your A&E wall is beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Mia. LOL

The Scarlett House said...

Oh my, Margaret. Love Sarah's frame...love them all, especially love Know Ye's molding. Your wall looks awesome. Now you've made us all jealous, you know.

Kim said...

Margaret they all look stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE your molding choices!! I have been trying to refrain from Sarah Woodham but every time I see it, I think I need to stitch her. Mia looks adorable!!! Enjoy tennis!

Sweet Sue said...

Stunning finishes Margaret, each and every one, nice initials too-kudos! I always have a time with initials. Your wall is breathtaking, d r o o l... Nice post, really enjoyed the read:)

xoxo

Siobhán said...

Your framed pieces are fantastic, Margaret! I love your family sampler, too. Love love love the pics of Mia! She is so cute, the way she snuggles up to her people when she's sleeping. ;)

Laura said...

Wow!!!! Your framed pieces are so gorgeous! Love the frames you picked out; each one is so interesting.

Your A&E wall is so cool!!!!!!! Very exciting!!

Glad your kids are doing well and Mia is so so cute!!!!!

Sherry :o) said...

Beautiful finishes and framing - I love the beading effect on the second frame. YOur kitty is getting so big - and she looks like she loves being close to your ds and dd....hope you enjoy the rest of your Monday!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your A&E wall looks fabulous Margaret. I know just how you feel... I want my A&E wall to grow too, but there are so many other samplers to stitch too.
Love all the frames you've chosen... they set your stitching off to perfection.
Poor Mia... no one to cuddle with... she is one very spoiled kitty. :-)So cute.

valerie said...

Beautiful framing and your A&E wall looks fantastic! Love it! I like your family sampler too.

Mia is such a cutie. Does she bang into the window when she jumps up on the windowsill? Oh no! lol

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wow! Your newly framed pieces are stunning as is your A&E wall. Your stitching is just beautiful.

Mia is growing like a week. I love seeing her snuggled up to your children. She does not seem to be an aloof cat as some are!

I'm glad someone is getting cooler weather! :)

Catherine said...

Wow! Your pieces are fabulous! Love your A&E wall! Mia is such a sweetie and what a snuggler!

Sandy said...

Oh Margaret, your A&E wall is so nice! All your framing came back wonderful, too. I especially like the Sarah Woodham frame ... couldn't possibly be more perfect!!

I think your Family Sampler is looking nice. I really like the color of that variegated band underneath the house.

And MayMay's fur wrap sure is pretty. Looks so realistic! LOL

Sharon said...

Your framing looks gorgeous!

Chris said...

Hi Margaret,
Your sampler wall is beautiful and the new framed pieces look great.

Chris

Natalia said...

Margaret, these samplers look beautiful in their frames. I love your sampler wall also. As for the US Open... how is my Rafa Nadal doing? I need to catch up with the action....

Bertie said...

Your wall looks so wonderful Margaret, and love the frames on your new samplers. I do envy your quick stitching :))

Looks like Mia is getting used to being spoiled, all that attention. She is a beautiful girlcat or catgirl lol.

Congratulations to your girl, passing a driving exam, it is always a little nerve wrecking to say the least.

Dona said...

Wow, Margaret! Your A&E wall is fantastic! Beautiful work, beautiful framing and a beautiful layout!

Mia is growing. Such sweet pictures of her with the kids. She probably thinks she one of the kids, too.

Annie said...

Your pieces are so beautiful. That A&E wall is spectacular.

Mia is just too adorable. I love that photo of her looking out the window.

Littlebit said...

Oh Margaret! I'm SO green and impressed with your accomplishments! LOVE your A&E wall..Love all the pics..

Tanya said...

Your A & E wall is amazing!! I really like your framing choices. Mia is getting so big.

Anonymous said...

Oh Margaret, your stitching makes my heart sing!! I truly is beautiful! The frames are stunning as well. What a beautiful job. Your home must be just exquisite. :o)

Mia has grown a lot. She's adorable.

Congrats to your dd on getting her licence. Commiserations to you. I know how nerve wracking that is. LOL

Cari said...

Oh my gosh Margaret....all your stitch and framing is just over the top!! I love all of your work and your frame selections as well. And that sweet Mia....she is darling!! Hugs

Rowyn said...

Oh my, all your framed pieces are just beautiful (as is your kitty!)

Giovanna said...

What a lovely wall of stitching! Family Sampler looks great - the carried threads aren't that noticeable. Thanks for sharing pics of Mia, she's really sweet.

Carol said...

Amazing framed pieces, Margaret--I especially love the Sara Woodham frame--what a beauty!!

Guess you'll have to add on to your home to fit any new A & E samplers :)

Give little Mia a cuddle for me--she is such a charmer.

Berit said...

Ooh; what lovelies~yet I think my favorite is little (but growing!) Mia. :D She looks so happy with your family.

I hadn't seen that La-D-Da before; the personalization looks great (making one right now; it really isn't easy to make it fit with the piece IMO.)

mainely stitching said...

WOW your framing is just so gorgeous that I'm speechless! Everything is absolutely perfect!

Mia is a total cutie. She makes me long for a second cat. Uh oh!!

Michelle said...

Love love love your framed pieces and your A&E wall is drool-worthy!! I better get on the ball with mine!

Lois said...

Your framed pieces are just wonderful Margaret and I just love the pic of your A&E wall!!!

What a sweetheart Mia is! Congrats to your daughter on her driving test and hope things go well when she heads back to college. Sounds like the start of school hasn't been too strenuous for your son!!!

Donna said...

Mia is just adorable, and your children too. I love the wall of stitched pieces. I hope you stop by the shop next year too. have a good night
donna

Sylvia said...

Oh wow, your A&E wall is scrumptious!! Both pieces are framed beautifully. I am envious of your wall - mine ( which only really exists in my mind) is pitiful- one mini A&E and that Evil Serpent I finished recently.... sigh

Mia is growing like a weed. Our Mia ( whom we missed like crazy on our trip to France) also likes to sleep as close to one of her humans a possible - its a sweet thing.

Your family sampler is beautiful - you have to look really closely to see those carried threads. I don't think its a big deal.

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

The kitty is so adorable! And I loved catching a glimpse of the beautiful quilt on boy child's bed. It's stunning! All your samples are amazing - and the frames are just perfect.

Lisa said...

Oh wow!! your finished pieces and wall look fabulous! I can't believe how big Mis is getting! She is so darn cute!

BrendaS said...

Your framing looks beautiful! What great choices and they look great on the wall.

Mia is such a little cutie pie. Don't they get big so fast?

Alice said...

I do love all your framed pieces Margaret. Good choices on the frames. : ) Everything looks great. Now to find a bit of wall space to hang it. Mia is just too sweet and yes, she HAS grown so much.
Alice

Hazel said...

Stunning framed pieces. I just love them all. I can't say which is my favourite they are all so nice. I love your A n E wall. Just fab. Very cute kitty. x

Jennifer H said...

Love the pics and the little Mia is so adorable! She is very lucky to have you all! (and vice versa)

Can you tell me if the Charlotte Clayton pattern is available to purchase in some way? I checked out the guild's website, but no mention of where to get that beauty! I live in PA, so being a member of the guild wouldn't be practical. :(

Loved the framed piece too! It's just a shame that it took so long for it to come home. :)

Hugs,
Jennifer

Brigitte said...

Oh Margaret, your sampler wall is pure eye candy. And you definitely chose some great frames for the latest additions.
Love the Mia pictures.

Loraine said...

Be still my heart! Your samplers are fabulous, and I'm so jealous of your A$E wall! You're my stitching hero Margaret!

Nancy said...

Absolutely gorgeous framed pieces! I love each and every frame, and they do justice to your already beautiful stitching!

Mia is just precious!

Karoline said...

Your framing is all lovely Margaret and your A&E wall is stunning.

Cute photo's of Mia :)

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Oh that of beautiful things Margaret you embroidered(exaggerated) as an angel! Your wall is simply divine!
Receive all my marylin friendship

Margaret said...

To have a gallery wall like yours must bring about a certain amount of pride , the artistry in every piece is exquisite .

Nicole said...

Sorry, I'm so late in commenting Margaret! Your framed pieces turned out beautiful!! I LOVE Sarah Woodham - I really need to get back to her. And I LOVE your A&E wall - it's just gorgeous!!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Fabulous stitching as always Margaret. Don't know how I missed this post last week?? Enjoy the last days of summer! Wish you were coming out to the SB Retreat so we could meet up!

Solstitches said...

Oh my goodness what a fabulous
array of samplers you have on the wall!
Your latest framed pieces are beautiful.
Mia is so pretty :)

Margaret

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Your samplers are gorgeous!